If you bought a HTC Thunderbolt phone and were hoping for a Gingerbread update – well you’re in luck. The folks over at Droid-Life got their hands on a letter by a HTC representative that was issued to one of their readers, with some interesting tidbits. Not only will the next update fix the rebooting issues (that has plagued the phone for quite awhile now), it will bring the phone’s operating system up to speed with Android 2.3 Gingerbread! Hopefully it will solve battery life issues with the phone as well, which is one of our major concerns about the HTC ThunderBolt.
Here’s what the HTC letter had to say:
Dear Adam XXXXX,
I understand how important it is for your Thunderbolt to function properly and I apologize that you have been experiencing rebooting of the device. HTC and Verizon are aware of this issue and an update will be released soon that will address the reboot issue, and bring the Gingerbread 2.3 upgrade on board, as well as several other enhancements. Although I don’t have an official release date to provide you, this update will be released soon. Please monitor our website for further information as the release date moves closer.
To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?
Great news indeed. Now let’s just sit tight and wait for the update to be released.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2011-08-31: HTC Thunderbolt and Droid Incredible to receive Gingerbread in September? (updated)
- 2011-08-17: New Android Gingerbread update for Thunderbolt leaked
- 2011-06-10: HTC Thunderbolt MR2 update leaked
- 2011-04-29: Verizon HTC ThunderBolt update ready to roll out
- 2011-04-01: HTC Thunderbolt outsells the iPhone 4 on Verizon?