If you thought that Facebook was one of the most popular sites in the world, you wouldn’t be wrong. But despite its over 500 million active users, the company hasn’t hit one billion unique visitors per month yet. But according to the Wall Street Journal – Google has become the first internet company to do so. ComScore released some data on Tuesday with calculated estimates based on past data and trends about the number of hits that top websites get.
According to ComScore, Google’s unique visitors per month have grown 8.4% to over one billion, while Microsoft maintained second place with 905 million unique visitors. Facebook comes in third place with a 30% growth to 714 million visitors, while Yahoo! even though posting a significant growth is in fourth place with 690 million visitors. This means that Google has about one seventh of the world’s population using its website. Talk about domination of the internet! I wouldn’t be too surprised if Facebook rises up to 2nd place or overtakes Google within a year or two.
Next Story: Zipcar drops beta tag for Android app
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-04-21 Flippypad Concept Shows How Project Ara As A Handheld Gaming Console
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2011-08-04 Android owns over 40% of US smartphone share