In a tweet from the Official Motorola account, the manufacturer has confirmed that Android Movies is now available on the Motorola Xoom WiFi tablet. This means that Motorola Xoom users will be able to run the Android Market app and rent their movies just by heading to the “Movies” tab. Like we’ve previously reported before, rooted users won’t be able to rent movies with their tablet. So if you’ve got a rooted device, it’s going to be a choice of keeping your device open or enjoying movies from the Android Market – at least until a workaround comes along or Google changes its stance on rooted devices. You’ll need Google Videos to watch the rented movies, so head over to the Android Market to download it.
Next Story: Office 365 to go live real soon?
- 2014-04-13: Surgeon Finds Google Glass Indispensable In His Work
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Square Considered By Google And Apple For Purchase Before
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Confirmed: Google Glass Will Be Sold To The Public On 15th April
- 2011-12-19: Motorola XOOM gets Ice Cream Sandwich unofficially
- 2011-12-02: Motorola XOOM updated to support Pay As You Go
- 2011-10-24: Unnamed Motorola tablet visits the FCC
- 2011-05-10: Motorola XOOM updated to Android 3.1 today
- 2011-03-16: WiFi-only Motorola Xoom Android tablet to arrive on March 27