While HP’s 9.7″ TouchPad has yet to hit the stores (July 1st for those not in the know), it looks like the company already has a successor planned. According to reports from CENS.com, a Taiwanese Economics news website – Inventec Corp, a major manufacturer of personal computers in Taiwan, has received orders from HP to start producing 400,000 to 450,000 TouchPad tablets. But in addition to the 9.7″ webOS 3.0 tablet, the company has also been reported to be supplying HP with a 7″ tablet that will be released in August.
No other details about the 7″ tablets were revealed, but it would be safe to assume that they would just be smaller versions of the TouchPad – probably for users who don’t need the bulk of carrying a large tablet, but still want a display larger than their smartphones. If that turns out to be the case, will you be waiting for the 7″ tablet or will you be picking up the larger TouchPad when it drops next month?
Next Story: Sprint Q3 product roadmap leaked?
- 2014-01-07 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Galaxy Tab Pro Series – hands-on review
- 2013-12-10 HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10 Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- 2013-12-06 No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-09-06 LG G Pad: Hands On Review
- 2011-12-07 HP TouchPad Go spotted on eBay
- 2011-10-28 $99 HP TouchPad officially sold out, but still available from Best Buy
- 2011-10-06 HP TouchPad Go clears the FCC, HP gearing for launch?
- 2011-09-19 Final batch of HP TouchPads to go to HP employees first
- 2011-09-02 Second batch of HP TouchPad tablets rumored to arrive in October