HP is launching an update of its business and consumer notebooks featuring the new AMD A-series “APU” (Accelerating Processing Unit) that combines a quad-core CPU (A6 and A8 – A4 dual-core) and a discreet-class GPU on the same dye. According to HP and AMD, the new processor offers better performance while ensuring a longer battery life. For example the new ProBook B-series lasts 7 hours (15-inch and 14-inch) and 6.5 hours (17-inch).
Several product lines will get the latest innovation from AMD:
HP ProBook s-series (ProBook 4535s, 4435s and 4436s), business notebooks with a nice brushed-aluminum finish (picture at the top of the post). The HP ProBook s-series starts at $519, it will be available on June 27.
HP ProBook b-series (HP ProBook 6465b and ProBook 6565b), featuring AMD VISION Pro technology with enhanced security. The HP ProBook b-series starts at $679 it will be available on June 27.
HP Pavilion dv-series (Pavilion dv4, dv6 and dv7), consumer laptops that features HP Coolsense, a new cooling technology that prevent the notebooks to ver heat ( it works, I touched them), HP True Vision HD webcam and HP Beats Audio(Pavilion Metal dv6 and dv7). The new design that was launched a few months ago with the Intel latest Core generation is great! HP did a great job on the look and feel and the choice of material; I really like the metal versions.
The HP Pavilion dv6 starts at $599.99 and the Pavilion dv7 starts at $699.99. The Pavilion dv6 and dv7 are expected to be available in July.
HP Pavilion g-series (Pavilion g4, g6 and g7). The HP Pavilion g4 starts at $449.99, the Pavilion g6 starts at $498 and the Pavilion g7 starts at $499, they will be available in July.
Next Story: AMD A-Series Processor: Just Launched
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2013-04-11: Moonshot Servers More Open Than AMD's Seamicro, Says HP
- 2012-05-08: HP ENVY Ultrabook and Sleekbook
- 2011-11-15: HP ENVY New Generation
- 2011-09-07: HP Omni 120 and HP Omni 220 All-in-One PCs
- 2011-09-07: HP TouchSmart All-in-One PCs