If you are looking forward to yet another tablet in a fast growing market, then you might as well pencil down HP in the list – its webOS powered device will come as a Wi-Fi only model , known as the HP TouchPad as it hits the US this coming July 1st. As for those living in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France and Germany, you will have to wait for a few days more, and strangely enough, our neighbors in the Great White North who aren’t separated by a body of water will only be getting theirs in the middle of July.
Other countries such as Italy, Spain, Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Singapore will have to wait for their turn, but rest assured that 2011 will not pass before you are able to wrap your fingers around that delicious webOS powered tablet.
You can opt for either the 16GB model which will retail for $499.99, while doubling the internal storage space will cost you just another Benjamin – making the latter the more cost-effective choice. Pre-orders in North America and Europe will start from June 19th onwards.
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2011-10-24: HP TouchPad tests Windows 8
- 2011-10-13: Find out how to install CyanogenMod on your TouchPad
- 2011-10-06: HP TouchPad Go clears the FCC, HP gearing for launch?
- 2011-09-30: HP releases more TouchPad promo codes for Splashtop Remote Desktop HD
- 2011-09-28: HP TouchPad on sale for employees – crashes web store