Just last week the HTC ChaCha was spotted at the FCC with approval for GSM 850, 1900, and WCDMA II and V bands: radios that suggested the phone was headed towards AT&T’s network. Recently, the folks over at Pocketnow.com managed to get their hands on a press shot of the phone, and it now features an AT&T logo, confirming its arrival on the carrier.
Compared to the original press shot of the HTC ChaCha, the phone has been redesigned slightly, with some buttons on the keyboard changed, the color on the two function buttons removed, and the Facebook button reshaped. The homescreen shows off smaller icons now, which means more icons can fit on screen, which is a good thing for a device with a display that’s only 2.6″.
No word on a release date or pricing yet, but the screen shot of the HTC calendar shows July 17th, which could be a possible hint. Anybody interested in picking up this phone when it drops?
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2013-10-07: AT&T HTC One Receiving Android 4.3 Update October 8
- 2013-04-12: HTC First Launches Facebook Home Today On AT&T For $99
- 2011-06-29: AT&T HTC ChaCha spotted in the wild
- 2011-05-09: HTC ChaCha and HTC Salsa up for pre-order in the UK
- 2011-03-02: HTC ChaCha renamed to ChaChaCha in Spain