Don’t you just hate it whenever you send your car to the mechanic to have him fix up a particular problem, that driving home after that, you discover another issue has risen? That’s more or less the case with the HTC EVO 4G, having received an update from Sprint which fixed the Netflix and other issues, although said update has caused frustration to users of voice search and Vlingo Virtual Assistant. Nice to know that their complaints have reached HTC’s and Sprint’s ears, with the companies responding that they are currently working on the voice-to-text and compass issues.
Problems plaguing various software and issues that arrive with the recent Gingerbread 2.3.3 Software (version 4.24.651.1) update for the HTC EVO 4G will encompass the following – Vlingo Virtual Assistant, Stock RSS widget, voice search, Google Voice-to-text, random apps reloading, issues, compass, Yahoo email and broken folder links.
Several HTC EVO 4G owners have decided to try a different route by using the Vlingo Virtual Assistant app, making voice-to-text to work, but once the native app is run, it no longer works. As soon as you use the native app, it would not work.
Do check with the Sprint forum concerning all the problems posted – perhaps when a solution is up, it will be updated there as well.
Next Story: Solar Cross electric bicycle
- 2014-04-22: HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21: HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21: HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20: HTC Hires Former Samsung Marketing Guru
- 2011-09-30: HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update suspended temporarily
- 2011-06-22: HTC EVO 3D to receive update before phone is officially released
- 2011-06-06: HTC EVO 3D simulator online on RadioShack
- 2011-06-01: EVO 4G to get Gingerbread this Friday
- 2011-05-22: HTC EVO 3D: can now be pre-ordered from Sprint