Anyone out there actually tried to stifle a laughter here, and a snicker there whenever they hear of the name HTC ChaCha? I know I did, as I can’t help but have this mental image that said Facebook phone was going to break out into a chacha dance the moment I turn my back on it. Well, good news for those who just can’t jive with the handset’s name, as AT&T’s version of the ChaCha will be known as the HTC Status – certainly a moniker that’s befitting of your, erm, station in life at the moment.
It seems that this was the case because HTC ran into some trouble concerning search service ChaCha over the branding. Just to recap, the HTC Status will sport a dedicated Facebook button (does it matter?) that will let you access your social networking account on-the-go in a jiffy, boasting direct connections to the social network even from apps including the address book, camera and media player.
Its 2.6″ display at 480 × 320 pixels will be accompanied by a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera and a VGA front-facing camera, powered by an 800MHz processor and Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread. Connectivity options include Bluetooth 3.0 to keep up with the Joneses alongside Wi-Fi. No idea on how much it costs though.
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-04-03: HTC One M8 Developer Edition Price To Increase Tomorrow
- 2011-08-23: HTC Status in mid-life crisis?
- 2011-07-25: HTC Salsa ditches Facebook button for Weibo in China
- 2011-06-29: AT&T HTC ChaCha spotted in the wild
- 2011-06-20: HTC ChaCha spotted with AT&T logo
- 2011-06-16: HTC ChaCha Facebook handset might end up at AT&T based on FCC filings