AT&T certainly has plans for the upcoming Facebook smartphone, known as the HTC Status (which we looked at earlier this morning in a sneak peek). Having rolled out a new page on Facebook concerning the HTC Status which will be an AT&T exclusive later this summer, you can find out everything you need to know about the upcoming handset there. It is said that the HTC Status will allow you to share just about anything with a single touch, ranging from music to photos, location and status updates. HTC Status also boasts of a chat widget that enables you to see when your friends are online at a glance. Imagine holding all those live instant chats from the device itself, early memories of BlackBerry messaging starts to flood my brain now.
As with most Android-powered HTC handsets, there is the “Quiet ring on pickup” feature that will reduce the ring volume whenever you pick the phone up. As for the “Pocket mode”, that will increase ring volume when your phone is in a pocket or bag – now talk about smart. Running on Android 2.3 Gingerbread and HTC Sense, the HTC Status will ship with 512MB of ROM and RAM, powered by an 800MHz processor, supports a 2.6″ touch screen display at 480 x 320 resolution, and has a 5-megapixel main camera with autofocus capability while a VGA front-facing camera is there for video calls.
Next Story: Medtronic Lauches Mobile App For Cardiac Devices
- 2014-04-24 HTC One (M8) All-In-One Toolkit Performs Near Automatic Rooting
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-02-23 HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-05-08 HTC First 'Facebook Phone' Now Just $0.99 On Contract
- 2013-04-12 HTC First Launches Facebook Home Today On AT&T For $99
- 2011-06-29 AT&T HTC ChaCha spotted in the wild
- 2011-06-20 HTC ChaCha spotted with AT&T logo