For those of you who can’t wait for the next update for the HTC ThunderBolt that is said to fix a whole bunch of issues – good news for you. Instead of having to download it OTA on June 15th, the folks at Android Police have managed to get their hands on the leaked image of the updated operating system and put it up for the world to download.
The update brings your phone up to version 18.104.22.1685.2 and fixes random reboots, improves GPS locking, improves signal strength, adds 3G/LTE toggle in settings, and more. Take note that installing this update won’t be as simple as downloading the OTA update. It requires some work to be done. Make sure your phone isn’t rooted (or it will be bricked), and as usual back up everything you want to keep. The ROM is said to wipe out all the data stored on your phone as well.
Android Police has the required files and detailed instructions.RELATED
- Let Your Favorite Tunes Wake You Up With Pandora For iOS
- Motorola Unveils Holiday Boot Screen Animation For Moto X And Moto G
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Receives Snapdragon 800 Chipset
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Starts To Appear On Different Nexus Devices (Unofficial)
- KitKat Devices Feature Android Menu Button By Default
- Follow: 4g, Android, HTC, lte, thunderbolt, update,
- Seen at: androidpolice