If you were looking forward to the latest upcoming first person shooter from id Software, it looks like you’re going to have to wait a few weeks longer. Id Software’s Rage sees the company’s big return to the FPS market with a fresh game that wasn’t a rehash of a classic. The company’s last “new” game was Doom 3 back in 2004.
The game originally scheduled to ship out on September 16th, but the game now has a release date of October 4th for North America and October 7th. While it wasn’t announced what the cause of the delay was, speculations point towards id Software/Bethesda not wanting the game to be released so close to Epic’s blockbuster game, Gears of War 3 that goes on sale on September 20, a few days after the original release date.
I guess it makes sense to not release a new game so close to a highly anticipated title. There wouldn’t be enough hype to go around for Rage. Fortunately the delay is only in the weeks and not by months. It shouldn’t be too long of a wait.
- 2013-04-24: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 Delayed; Pre-Orders Hope To Be Fulfilled On April 27
- 2013-03-25: HTC One Delay Caused Due To Camera Shortages
- 2013-03-22: HTC One Releasing In The U.S. 'Before The End Of April'
- 2013-03-12: HTC One Global Release Delayed To April
- 2012-02-02: RAGE: Campaign Edition arrives for Macs
- 2011-12-22: Razer Blade delayed until next year
- 2011-10-04: RAGE released today
- 2011-09-29: RAGE – Jackal Canyon gameplay video footage looks fantastic
- 2011-09-16: RAGE TV spot released
- 2011-09-07: RAGE PC system requirements revealed