If you were looking forward to the latest upcoming first person shooter from id Software, it looks like you’re going to have to wait a few weeks longer. Id Software’s Rage sees the company’s big return to the FPS market with a fresh game that wasn’t a rehash of a classic. The company’s last “new” game was Doom 3 back in 2004.
The game originally scheduled to ship out on September 16th, but the game now has a release date of October 4th for North America and October 7th. While it wasn’t announced what the cause of the delay was, speculations point towards id Software/Bethesda not wanting the game to be released so close to Epic’s blockbuster game, Gears of War 3 that goes on sale on September 20, a few days after the original release date.
I guess it makes sense to not release a new game so close to a highly anticipated title. There wouldn’t be enough hype to go around for Rage. Fortunately the delay is only in the weeks and not by months. It shouldn’t be too long of a wait.RELATED
- Angry Birds Go! Now Available For Download
- World Of Warcraft Introduces In-Game Store To Purchase Mounts And Pets
- Fox Announces Family Guy Mobile Game Arriving In 2014
- Xbox One Release In Some Countries Delayed (Rumor)
- Xbox One System Update Handles Multiplayer, SmartGlass Issues
- Follow: bethesda, delay, id software, rage, release date,
- Seen at: videogamer