For those of you who are worried about your iPhone 3GS not receiving the full benefits of the latest version of iOS, you don’t have to worry. Banolka from YouTube recently released a video of his iPhone 3GS running on the beta version of iOS 5 and it looks like most of the main features will be available on the 3GS. While since it’s only the first beta of the operating system, it is possible that more features will be added/removed in the final release.
Judging from the video so far, the 3GS has access to the iPhone Notification Center, Twitter Integration, Newsstand, updated Camera (no editing on the fly though this might change), Safari Reading List, iCloud and Reminders are all present and work flawlessly on the phone. One of the glaring omissions from the first beta of iOS 5 on the 3GS is iMessage but it should be available in the future. But overall everything seems to be okay, we’ll just have to wait for the final version to come to a conclusion. Hit the break to check out the video preview of iOS 5 on the iPhone 3GS.
- 2014-02-02: iPhone 3GS Battery Balloons To Verge Of Exploding
- 2013-08-21: Refurbished iPhone 3GS Units Could Be Offered To AT&T GoPhone Customers
- 2012-09-13: iPhone 3GS discontinuation has been confirmed
- 2012-02-15: Siri does Japanese language now?
- 2011-11-07: Siri runs on the iPhone 3GS as well
- 2011-10-20: AT&T sees high demand for iPhone 3GS
- 2011-07-11: iOS 5 AssistiveTouch gestures could replace hardware buttons
- 2011-04-19: iOS 5 leaked on video is probably iOS 4
- 2011-03-31: Hasbro MY3D available April 3
- 2009-06-25: iPhone 3GS Induces 400% Uptick In YouTube Mobile Uploads