For those of you who are worried about your iPhone 3GS not receiving the full benefits of the latest version of iOS, you don’t have to worry. Banolka from YouTube recently released a video of his iPhone 3GS running on the beta version of iOS 5 and it looks like most of the main features will be available on the 3GS. While since it’s only the first beta of the operating system, it is possible that more features will be added/removed in the final release.
Judging from the video so far, the 3GS has access to the iPhone Notification Center, Twitter Integration, Newsstand, updated Camera (no editing on the fly though this might change), Safari Reading List, iCloud and Reminders are all present and work flawlessly on the phone. One of the glaring omissions from the first beta of iOS 5 on the 3GS is iMessage but it should be available in the future. But overall everything seems to be okay, we’ll just have to wait for the final version to come to a conclusion. Hit the break to check out the video preview of iOS 5 on the iPhone 3GS.
- iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 24 Hours
- Walmart To Sell iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c With No Contract Plans
- Apple Including U.S. In '12 Days Of Gifts' Giveaway App
- Revamped Bing For iPad App Released
- iPhone 5S Supply Has Caught Up With Demand [Analyst]
- Follow: Apple Inc, beta, ios 5, iphone 3gs, video,
- Seen at: 9to5mac