Rumors surrounding Apple are always hot ticket items, and it seems that the latest one floating around would be Apple working on an iOS-powered connected TV, where it could even roll out as early as this fall. According to an anonymous former Apple executive (but of course, you don’t really expect him/her to step forward and fall under the watchful eye of Cupertino, do you?), Apple intends to “blow Netflix and all those other guys away” through the bundling of Apple TV and iTunes within a physical display. DailyTech reports that to achieve this,Apple is teaming up with a major supplier so that rebranded HDTV sets can reach the masses.
Makes some sense actually from an OEM’s perspective – after all, if you are in business and want to compete with someone, then surely there is no other better person to compete with other than yourself, no?
Could fall usher in a new iPhone, iOS5, iCloud and an iOS-powered connected TV this time around? What do you think, and how much are you willing to fork out for an Apple iOS-powered TV?
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Apple Reportedly Pressuring Music Labels For Exclusive Releases
- Apple's Plans For Sapphire Will Be For A "Secret Project"
- iPhone 6 To Have Sapphire Coating, Skips May Release (Rumor)
- Glucose Monitoring Might Not Make It Onto The iWatch