It seems that iOS 5 beta has let loose its fair share of goodies, and among them would be the upcoming iPad 3 (or so that is what it is called at the moment unless Apple decides to do something totally different) which is said to feature the high resolution Retina Display. Of course, those who are familiar with the iPad 2′s pre-release frenzy would have realized that the iPad 2 might have just come with a Retina Display – although that ultimately proved to be a rumor instead of fact. Having dug around in iOS 5 beta, one source out there (from Techunwrapped) did discover some images in the Twitter.framework portion of the SDK that pointed out a resolution of 1536 x 2048, which is double that of the current 768 x 1024 display found on the iPad.
Does this mean that the future version of the iPad will come with a Retina Display? Perhaps, as it could very be a clue that Apple is mulling over an increase in the iPad 3′s resolution.
What do you think? Would an iPad 3 with a Retina Display built right into it be the absolutely sweetest deal that you can think of in the techno-gadget world at the moment?
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]