They say that old soldiers never die, but they just fade away instead. Well, the same can be said for fashion, where what used to be the rage will eventually fall out of favor with the public, only to re-emerge years later as part of a particular retro movement, making it to magazine covers all over again. The world of consumer electronics are not too different either, with JVC introducing the JVC Kaboom boombox yet again. History buffs would know that the barrel-shaped Kaboom boombox was originally launched in 1998, so expect the new version to come with additional bells and whistles such as a guitar/mic input with mixing capabilities. That alone essentially transforms the boombox into a play-along or amp for performances that are more intimate than usual.
As for the iPod/iPhone dock, that is protected by a sealing door, while the included USB Host feature will enable the playback of MP3 and WMA files from other USB-connectable devices.
Audio-wise, your ears will enjoy 40 watts of power, where it includes a woofer at each end in addition to bass enhancement circuitry. Just in case you carry your CDs around, the Kaboom sports a CD player which incidentally also does MP3 and WMA data discs. The Kaboom aka JVC RV-NB70 will rock your wallet to a tune of $299.95 if you are interested.
- 2014-01-07: JVC Everio Rugged And Weather-Proof Camcorders Unveiled
- 2013-07-25: JVC Unveils GC-XA2 Rugged Camera
- 2013-02-20: Boompack Boombox Backpack: Wearing Music On Your Back
- 2013-01-22: JVC MirrorLink Receiver Delivers Seamless Smartphone Control
- 2013-01-08: JVC GC-PX100 Camera Is Designed For Fast And Easy Handling
- 2012-10-17: JVC 3D HDTV wears the Smart TV mantle