Infamous hacking group, LulzSec or Lulz Security, has been reported to have taken down another website just for fun. After messing around with MMORPG EVE Online, the hackers decided to turn things up a notch and took down the website of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). LulzSec posted on its Twitter page yesterday: “Tango down – cia.gov – for the lulz”.
The site was only down for a short time (only an hour apparently), and LulzSec did not release any data from the website (if they had taken any). It appears as if they don’t have any motive behind the attacks, and are doing things just for fun. Which I suppose, is better than hackers who hack for malicious purposes (not that I’m encouraging hacking of any sort). I wonder which company will be targeted next?
- 2014-03-31: Obamacare Website Down For A While Before Enrollment Deadline
- 2013-07-22: Apple Developer Website Update
- 2011-11-18: Android website gets revamped
- 2011-09-08: Activision wins modernwarfare3.com battle
- 2011-08-31: Shrine of Apple website lists every single Apple product
- 2011-07-28: LulzSec spokesperson Topiary arrested (Update)
- 2011-06-26: LulzSec hangs up its hat
- 2011-06-24: LulzSec releases Arizona Police documents
- 2011-06-22: LulzSec hacked by TeaMp0isoN