Ever thought about using your MacBook Air flipped 90-degrees like it were an open book? Well now you can. A developer named Nathan Stevens has come up with an app for the MacBook Air called the Mac Screen Rotate. It is a simple app that allows you to rotate the orientation of your MacBook’s display, which allows you to hold the device like you were reading a magazine of a book. While it won’t turn the screen into a touch-capable display, the app realigns your touchscreen to match the orientation of the screen so you can use it when it is sideways.
You can head over to the Mac Screen Rotate website to find out more about the app, purchase it ($4.99) or get a seven day trial. Mac Screen Rotate is available for Mac OS X 10.6 and up, and works best with the MacBook Air (its weight is ideal for flipping around and holding like a book) and the 13″ MacBook Pro.
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-03-23: 12-Inch MacBook Rumored Once Again
- 2014-03-12: Broken MacBook Pro Fixed By Being 'Cooked' In An Oven
- 2014-02-18: Apple Patent Suggests MacBooks With Touch Controls
- 2014-02-13: Apple Confirms Suppliers Do Not Use Conflict Minerals
- 2013-07-25: Four Million MacBook Sales Expected In Q4, 2013
- 2013-06-09: WWDC 2013 Announcements: Speculation And Rumor Roundup
- 2013-05-21: Alleged Wireless Card For New Macs Hints Next-Gen Wi-Fi Support
- 2012-02-10: Redesigned MacBook Pros to disrupt the notebook market?
- 2011-03-31: Witness turns your Mac into a security camera