It looks the leaks were spot-on for EA’s Mass Effect 3 sporting Kinect controls. So how will Kinect be implemented into this sci-fi RPG? Mass Effect 3 will use Kinect for voice controls. Players will be able to control their character’s conversations entirely with their voice and it’s supposed to work buttery smooth.
In addition to being able to control conversations, gamers will also be able to order their on-screen characters to move to and fro (i.e. Liara, move up!).
The concept looks kind of cool, but we’ll reserve judgment on how well it works (especially in semi-noisy environments) when the game’s released.
- 2014-04-02: New Kinect For Windows Is Official, Arrives This Summer
- 2014-03-27: Microsoft Kinect For Windows Hardware Version 2 Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: Kinect Guards The Korean Border
- 2013-12-31: 3D Printing Service Uses Your Kinect To Make Mini Figurines Of Yourself
- 2013-12-27: NASA Engineers Use Oculus Rift And Kinect 2 To Control Robots
- 2011-12-05: Microsoft Xbox 360 update brings voice controlled television features to the Kinect
- 2011-06-06: Fun Labs takes Kinect to the next level with new features
- 2011-06-06: Full list of new Kinect-enabled games for Xbox 360