In the official Windows Phone Blog, the team recently revealed even more new features that will be part of the upcoming Mango update for Windows Phone 7. This time around we have a preview of the phone’s SkyDrive capabilities.
Users can share photos stored on SkyDrive via email, text or IM easily. When sent as an MMS, the image will be embedded in the image rather than as a link to image file. Videos can also be shared with SkyDrive. If you’ve got a video that you just shot and you want to put it online, you can upload it in the background while you go about doing other things – no need to wait for the upload to complete before switching apps.
Other features of the SkyDrive integration include the ability to view files and folders directly from your phone, share files and see which files have been shared with you, and search your SkyDrive to locate files easily. Unfortunately SkyDrive won’t be able to stream your music to you, however Windows Phone does have Zune Pass for that purpose. Though this might change, with Google, Amazon and Apple offering their own cloud streaming service, Microsoft would do good to have one of its own as well.RELATED
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Twitter Quietly Removes Option To Direct Messaging Anyone
- 'Selfie' Becomes The Word Of The Year For 2013
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Facebook For Android Updated With TV Show Reminders
- Follow: cloud, features, integration, skydrive, windows phone 7, wp7,
- Seen at: liveside.net