The Motorola DROID 3 is not available in its GSM iteration just yet, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t coming as Verizon Wireless is tipped to release the DROID 3 this coming July 7th, while we have also managed to spot several GLBenchmark 2.0 online results for the smartphone which might just whet your appetite to bring this puppy home. It must be said that with qHD resolution on the DROID 3, it will definitely be the better performer compared to QVGA resolution even when the score is the same – simply because to maintain a similar framerate with more pixels naturally requires additional graphical firepower.
The demanding hardware oriented Egypt test of GL Benchmark 2.0 saw the Motorola DROID 3 come behind the LG Optimus 3D in second place, which is quite impressive. With a TI dual-core OMAP 4430 1GHz processor running inside, it seems to work well with the PowerVR SGX 540 GPU. This places the DROID 3 in a better position compared to the HTC Sensation, the HTC EVO 3D and of course, its sibling, the Motorola DROID X2.
This seems to be an above average smartphone for those who do not yet need 4G or LTE connectivity in their lives, and if you happen to pick it up, it will last you some time before you start sniffing out for other smartphone deals.
Next Story: No black MacBook Air?
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2011-08-26: One-click Droid 3 root arrives
- 2011-07-19: Motorola Droid 3 torn apart
- 2011-07-15: Motorola DROID 3 hits Verizon Wireless
- 2011-07-11: GSM Motorola DROID 3 spotted at the FCC?
- 2011-07-07: Motorola DROID 3 has locked bootloader