Ever since the Motorola Droid Bionic was introduced at CES 2011 the phone was nowhere to be seen. It missed its speculated release dates, and there were rumors flying around talking about the phone’s demise. It turns out that Motorola had decided to take the phone back to the drawing board and give it a major overhaul. The phone has been promised to arrive this year, and now it looks like the release date is even closer than we thought.
According to a tweet from the Motorola Mobility account, the phone has been confirmed to be on track for its summer release, though no exact date was provided. Here’s what the tweet said:
“Hang tight, DROID Bionic is coming and slated for summer release. Our team is working on some new updates”
From wowing the audience, to having a dubious future, it looks like the phone is back on track to trading places with the dollar bills in our pockets. How many of you are waiting for the Droid Bionic to drop this summer?
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2013-04-15: Motorola DROID Bionic Begins Receiving Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-04-05: Motorola DROID Bionic Owners Reportedly Receiving Invitations To Test Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-10-19: Android 4.0 ICS for Motorola Droid Bionic rolling out today
- 2012-10-11: Motorola Droid Bionic soak test indicates impending Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2011-04-19: Motorola Droid Bionic will be delayed