For those who have the intestinal fortitude, here is something which might whet your appetite – the Samsung Droid Charge’s leaked Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM update, ready and waiting for you to install. Before you lose your head, do take into consideration of some caveats – this is not an official Android 2.3 Gingerbread build, so some of the more notable features would not work. SMS is broken as you cannot send texts, while receiving them is somewhat like Russian roulette – it is a hit-and-miss situation.
Apart from that, HDMI-out also does not work for the moment, but we suspect that this would be the least of your troubles. There is also the standard assortment of issues which tend to rear itself on pre-release builds, including apps in the Market not recognizing your smartphone’s software revision.
Willing to give this leaked ROM a go? Do so at your own peril…
Next Story: Statuesque audio speakers to the fore!
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2011-11-30: Samsung DROID Charge receives Gingerbread
- 2011-09-25: Samsung Galaxy S2 gets Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread ROM leaked
- 2011-07-27: Mystery Samsung Android device packs a WXGA screen
- 2011-07-24: Samsung slider for Boost Mobile spotted in the wild
- 2011-06-02: Samsung Exhibit 4G officially announced for T-Mobile