For those who have the intestinal fortitude, here is something which might whet your appetite – the Samsung Droid Charge’s leaked Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM update, ready and waiting for you to install. Before you lose your head, do take into consideration of some caveats – this is not an official Android 2.3 Gingerbread build, so some of the more notable features would not work. SMS is broken as you cannot send texts, while receiving them is somewhat like Russian roulette – it is a hit-and-miss situation.
Apart from that, HDMI-out also does not work for the moment, but we suspect that this would be the least of your troubles. There is also the standard assortment of issues which tend to rear itself on pre-release builds, including apps in the Market not recognizing your smartphone’s software revision.
Willing to give this leaked ROM a go? Do so at your own peril…RELATED
- T-Mobile iPhone Upfront Cost Now $0 For The Holiday Season
- Microsoft Reportedly Considering Waiving Windows Phone And Windows RT Licensing Fees
- Activists Target iPhone 5C Supplier Pegatron After 15-Year-Old Worker's Death
- Twitter Updates iOS, Android Apps To Send Photos Through Direct Messages
- Androidify App Revamped Ahead Of The Holidays
- Follow: Android, android 2.3, droid charge, gingerbread, Samsung,
- Seen at: mydroidworld