It looks like not everything is going according to plan for Motorola Droid X users. The long-awaited Gingerbread update was finally released to all Droid X phones earlier this week, and while most folks updated their phones fine, some users experienced unwanted results – like the bricking of their devices.
It is uncertain why the update causes the phone to brick but there have been comments on blogs and forums all over the internet reporting it, so we know it’s more than just one odd case. Verizon/Motorola have yet to come publicly with a statement about the bricking so in the meantime, if you’re worried – you should hold out from getting the update just yet. Or if you do, make sure you back up your device just in case. Worse comes to worse you can just take it to your local Verizon store and see what they can do for you.
Stay tuned for more details.
- 2014-04-20: Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20: Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2011-05-31: Droid X Gingerbread update available now
- 2011-05-25: Gingerbread arriving on Droid X this Friday
- 2011-05-25: Droid X Gingerbread release details leaked
- 2011-05-11: Droid X Gingerbread update arriving soon?
- 2011-03-24: Droid X rumored to receive Gingerbread this Sunday