Don’t you just wish that you were living in Europe right now? After all, owners of the Motorola XOOM who live in that part of the world are now able to download the Android 3.1 Honeycomb update, so boo-hoo to those living Stateside. Having said that, it seems as though the SD memory card slot on the XOOM can finally be supported, which is a strange “phenomenon” of sorts, since it should have been working right from the get go. Apart from that, certainly more must be done on Motorola’s side to make sure users know all the ins and outs of their device – it seems as though a handful of commenters on Motorola’s Facebook page did not even realize that their new tablet came with an SD memory card slot.
According to Motorola, said Android 3.1 Honeycomb update will be arriving over the next several weeks, and functionality will depend on the region which you reside in. Does this mean it is a good time to purchase a XOOM if you have been holding out for one all this while?
Next Story: USB Mixtape Memory Card
- 2014-04-23 Next-gen Moto X & Moto G Will Continue To Use Near-Stock Android
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-20 Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20 Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18 Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2011-05-10 Motorola XOOM zooms by with Android 3.1 Honeycomb update
- 2011-05-10 Motorola XOOM updated to Android 3.1 today
- 2011-04-01 Motorola Xoom Review
- 2011-03-29 Xoom Review
- 2011-02-23 Motorola Xoom will have an unlockable bootloader