Mozilla has just announced a new project called Webian Shell 0.1. While at first glance a lot of people might think “a Chrome OS competitor!” it’s not at the same level yet (at least for now). Webian Shell is exactly what its name says: a shell that runs over your current operating system, giving it a brand new, simple and easy to use interface and the ability to run web apps.
It’s basically designed for users who want an operating system where they can work completely inside the browser without having to use the features of the desktop. And that’s how Webian Shell functions like – pretty much a full-screen web browser with its own UI. Hit the break for a video demonstration of find out more a the official Webian website.
- Temple Run 2 Gets Santa Costume
- MIT Researchers Claim To Have Discovered Toughest Tongue Twister Of All Time
- Samsung To Introduce Smartphone With Fingerprint Sensor In 2014 [Rumor]
- OCZ Formalizes Toshiba's $35 Million Buyout Offer
- Journey Through Middle-Earth Is Another Chrome Experiment
- Follow: mozilla, os,
- Seen at: maximumpc