MSI doesn’t only churn out motherboards and licensed video cards, but they do notebooks too just in case you did not notice. Their latest CX series notebooks has received a new addition in the form of the 14″ CX480, where it will mainly focus on its battery life. MSI claims that the CX480 will be able to give you up to 8.5 hours of juice on a single charge, while you can also reap the benefit of MSI’s in-house fast charging which will power up the notebook in half the time normally required, while an external battery indicator lets you check out just how much juice the CX480 has left without the need to boot up. Netbooks have been able to achieve such battery life in the past, but bear in mind that those are not full fledged notebooks like the CX480, so if it works as claimed, it would be quite an achievement.
MSI is also proud to claim that the CX480 has a startup time that is half as long as other notebooks, although we are not too sure just what kind of benchmarks MSI relies on to come to that conclusion. All hot-running components underneath the hood are also said to be transported to the upper left part and away from the palm rest, helping keep things running cool at all times.
Other hardware specifications include a 2.1GHz Core 3 or a 2.3GHz Core i5 processor from Intel, a dedicated GeForce GT 520M graphics card, a DVD drive, a hard drive between 320GB to 640GB, HDMI and USB 3.0 connectivity. No idea on pricing or a shipping date just yet, so stay tuned!
- 2014-03-09: MSI GS60 Ghost Pro Gaming Laptop Unveiled At CeBIT
- 2013-12-05: MSI Announces Industry’s First 3K Gaming Notebook
- 2013-09-25: MSI GT70 20K And GT60 20J Mobile Workstations Announced
- 2013-09-20: MSI W20 Windows 8 Tablet Runs On AMD Processor
- 2013-08-05: MSI GS70 Is Thinnest And Lightest 17” Gaming Notebook
- 2011-03-30: MSI resumes shipments of GT680R notebook
- 2010-12-28: MSI notebooks to make a splash at CES 2011
- 2010-09-03: MSI FR600 3D notebook shown off at IFA 2010
- 2010-10-15: MSI FX700 and FR700 detailed further
- 2010-10-24: MSI GE603 notebook targets a Christmas release