The rumors are starting to fall in place. The latest source to “confirm” that Nintendo’s Project Cafe/Wii 2 controller will sport a six-inch touchscreen is Japan’s Nikkei newspaper. The controller will provide tablet-like experiences and it’s said it can be a standalone portable console and will have a rechargeable battery.
Is it just us, or is it starting to sound almost like a bigger Nintendo 3DS? The chances of the Wii 2 controller also sporting a few gyroscopes and accelerometers is highly likely, provided that Nintendo doesn’t drift too far from its motion control mantra.
Nintendo’s expected to kick off its Wii 2 unveil press conference next week at E3 on June 7. Stay tuned. Things are about to get a whole lot more interesting.
Next Story: The i'mWatch runs on Android
- 2011-06-06: Nintendo Wii successor might just be known as Nintendo
- 2011-06-03: Nikkei 'confirms' Wii 2 controller has 6-inch touchscreen
- 2011-05-24: Activision remains coy on Modern Warfare 3 for Nintendo consoles
- 2011-05-20: Is this really the Wii 2's shape?
- 2011-05-19: Nintendo Wii 2 sneak peek a fake?
- 2011-05-16: Is this a list of Wii 2 games in development?
- 2011-05-12: Ubisoft indirectly spills the beans on Wii 2's power
- 2011-04-25: Wii 2 might ditch long "Friend Codes"
- 2011-04-25: The best Wii 2 mock-ups so far are probably fake
- 2011-04-22: Miyamoto says HD is next logical step, something totally new coming