Earlier this morning, we looked at the possibility of a black MacBook Air – but then it seems that a few hours can prove to be the vital difference between a rumor coming true or otherwise. Word has it that the MacBook Air will remain in its pristine silver color, although there is still some hope for that shade since new materials used to construct the updated MacBook Air doesn’t rule out a black shade – but there was no mention other than the standard shade of silver either, leaving it open to speculation to a certain degree.
As for the MacBook Air’s new price point, it seems that there will be a price cut which will drive the final sticker price down to $899, which is feasible since most of the newer computers and notebooks will be moving on to the Sandy Bridge platform, which would eliminate the need for a a dedicated NVIDIA chipset – hence driving down the price further.
It must be noted that a price cut is not something Apple does all the time, since the last time they sold a system for $899 was the new iBook G4.
Next Story: Fly-Goodbye Bug Hunter
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-03-23: 12-Inch MacBook Rumored Once Again
- 2014-03-12: Broken MacBook Pro Fixed By Being 'Cooked' In An Oven
- 2014-02-18: Apple Patent Suggests MacBooks With Touch Controls
- 2014-02-13: Apple Confirms Suppliers Do Not Use Conflict Minerals
- 2011-11-18: Apple working on AMD-powered MacBook Air?
- 2011-07-19: MacBook Air gets Chromium OS port
- 2011-06-26: BestBuy.com halts MacBook Air shipping, refresh is imminent?
- 2010-10-22: New MacBook Air gets teardown treatment
- 2010-11-03: MacBook Air could have faulty logic boards and display issues