Well, that was quick. Last week there was ripple within the gaming community that indicated Crytek was already working on TimeSplitters 4 for the next Xbox 360. Speaking to IGN, Crytek denies that it has any next-generation hardware development kits from Microsoft and reiterates that it continues to develop games using today’s technologies such as DirectX 11.
So there you have it, that “high ranking source” that VideoGamer sourced was a complete rumor. While the denial by Crytek dampens hope that a new Xbox 360 will debut at next year’s E3, we do have to remember that it’s still a whole year away and anything can happen between now and then.
As we’ve said in the past, despite the 360 only ahead of the PS3 by a few million units, there’s really no hurry for Microsoft to release a new console so soon. Kinect’s filling the void perfectly fine–helping the 360 maintain its growth throughout this entire year.RELATED
- Quark A Kickstarter Project That Help Kids Learn Via Fun
- Retailer Sends Free PlayStation Vita Units, Then Threatens Legal Action
- Assassin's Creed 4 Receives First DLC Today
- Rayman Legends Headed To Mac On Dec. 12 For $20
- Next Need For Speed Is Already Being Worked On
- Follow: crytek, Microsoft, xbox 360, xbox 720,
- Seen at: mcvuk