When Apple launched iOS 5 earlier this week, one of the major updates about the operating system is the introduction of the notification system called Notification Center. Apple hasn’t officially announced if they are going to release public APIs for developers to take advantage of the system but a developer named WillFour20 has already figured out a way to develop a simple widget as a proof of concept that it is possible to create widgets within the Notification Center.
While it would be ideal to open up the Notification Center to third party developers, we won’t know when it’s going to happen, and if it is going to happen at all. But knowing that it’s possible to do so, you can expect the jailbreaking community to come up with widgets for Notification Center whether Apple approves of it or not.
Next Story: FitBot clothes fitting bot now for women
- 2014-01-16: Apple FaceTime Invention Boasts Of Face Morphing And Image Matching To Ensure That Video Remains Smooth
- 2014-01-09: iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-12-17: Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11: Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-12-08: Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court
- 2011-12-22: iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak demonstrated on video
- 2011-12-09: iOS 5.0 untethered jailbreak demonstrated on video
- 2011-11-08: iOS 5.0.1 beta now being seeded to selected users
- 2011-10-24: iOS 5 semi-tethered jailbreak released
- 2011-10-12: Twitter fully integrated into iOS 5