When Apple launched iOS 5 earlier this week, one of the major updates about the operating system is the introduction of the notification system called Notification Center. Apple hasn’t officially announced if they are going to release public APIs for developers to take advantage of the system but a developer named WillFour20 has already figured out a way to develop a simple widget as a proof of concept that it is possible to create widgets within the Notification Center.
While it would be ideal to open up the Notification Center to third party developers, we won’t know when it’s going to happen, and if it is going to happen at all. But knowing that it’s possible to do so, you can expect the jailbreaking community to come up with widgets for Notification Center whether Apple approves of it or not.
Next Story: FitBot clothes fitting bot now for women
- This iWatch Concept Gives It A More Classic Look
- iPhones More Likely To Be Stolen, But Less Likely To Require Repairing [Study]
- Safety Concerns Raised Over CarPlay Feature
- Mercedes-Benz Could Offer CarPlay Installations For Older Models
- Apple 'Scrambling' To Meet FCC Deadline On In-App Purchases [Report]