Audio specialists, Onkyo, has just introduced the world’s first home theater receiver to feature DTS Neo:X multidimensional audio technology. Implemented in the Onkyo TX-NR1009, DTS Neo:X enables customers to enjoy the luxury of nine loudspeakers while watching their favorite movies or playing their favorite games. Capable out ousting current seven channel systems, a nine channel set up can create a lifelike 3D soundscape in a user’s own home.
The Onkyo TX-NR1009 is an upgrade of last year’s TX-NR1008 and is THX Select2 Plus Certified, has a 9.2-channel, is network capable, packs Marvell Qdeo and IDT’s HQV Vida video upscaling and processing circuits, and Audyssey’s MultEQ XT audio room correction. The Onkyo TX-NR1009 will be available from Onkyo dealers in June with suggested retail price of $1,399. Find out more at the Onkyo website.
- 2013-06-26: Onkyo CS-255 iOS Speaker Dock Supports Lightning Devices
- 2013-02-26: Onyko SlatePads Announced For Japan Market
- 2012-02-09: Onkyo GX-W100HV speakers feature DLNA capabilities
- 2011-11-21: Onkyo CS-345 CD Mini System plays CDs and your iPods
- 2011-07-25: Onkyo announces remote control app for Android
- 2011-07-14: Onkyo home theater systems to support Spotify
- 2011-07-07: Onkyo BD-SP809 is a box that plays it all
- 2011-04-11: Onkyo expands premium home theater system lineup with HT-S9400THX
- 2011-04-04: Onkyo announces HT-RC370 and HT-RC360