Panasonic’s foray into the world of Micro Four Thirds technology have yielded quite the success in the form of the GF1, which has sold quite a fair number in the market. Well, the GF1 was followed up by the GF2, but I must say that there were certain quarters who were originally hooked to the GF1 did not really find the need to make the “upgrade” so to speak, so the GF2 never really made up any new ground compared to the GF1 which sort of revolutionized the Micro Four Thirds industry.
What you see here could be the leaked GF3, where it seems to have a mount that is higher than the camera itself. Some sources have cited that the GF3 does not have any hot shoe, and it will be almost a complete touchscreen oriented device by itself. There are strong grounds to believe that this will feature a similar Panasonic G3 16-megapixel sensor, but we will just have to wait until June 13th for it to be announced alongside the Panasonic Leica 25mm f/1.4 lens.
Well, what are you waiting for – if you want the third generation GF series from Panasonic, you would do well to start saving up for one of these right now. You have been forewarned!
- 2014-03-24: Panasonic HX-A500 4K Wearable Camera Coming This May
- 2014-03-10: Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 Could Start Shipping Soon
- 2014-03-07: Panasonic P31 Launched In India, Still In The Smartphone Game
- 2010-12-27: Panasonic AG-AF100 Micro Four Thirds camcorder starts to ship
- 2010-10-14: Panasonic AG-AF100 Micro Four Thirds video camera to ship after Christmas
- 2010-10-24: Panasonic GH2 will hit Europe this November 14th
- 2010-11-03: Panasonic Lumix GF2 seen in Paris on event poster
- 2010-12-14: Panasonic Lumix GH2 offers new movie making experience