Panasonic’s foray into the world of Micro Four Thirds technology have yielded quite the success in the form of the GF1, which has sold quite a fair number in the market. Well, the GF1 was followed up by the GF2, but I must say that there were certain quarters who were originally hooked to the GF1 did not really find the need to make the “upgrade” so to speak, so the GF2 never really made up any new ground compared to the GF1 which sort of revolutionized the Micro Four Thirds industry.
What you see here could be the leaked GF3, where it seems to have a mount that is higher than the camera itself. Some sources have cited that the GF3 does not have any hot shoe, and it will be almost a complete touchscreen oriented device by itself. There are strong grounds to believe that this will feature a similar Panasonic G3 16-megapixel sensor, but we will just have to wait until June 13th for it to be announced alongside the Panasonic Leica 25mm f/1.4 lens.
Well, what are you waiting for – if you want the third generation GF series from Panasonic, you would do well to start saving up for one of these right now. You have been forewarned!RELATED
- Alleged Canon EOS M2 Specs Leaked
- Sony Rumored To Be Working On 54MP Full Frame Sensor
- Sony And Hasselblad Rumored To Have Worked On A New Sensor Together
- Sony NEX-7 Successor Rumored For Early 2014 Announcement
- Samsung To Release Next-Gen APS-C Cameras In 2014/2015 [Rumor]
- Follow: micro four thirds, micro43, panasonic,
- Seen at: 43rumors