Sony might have suffered the worst hack attack in history on its PlayStation Network in late April, but that doesn’t mean it’s had much of an affect on its PlayStation 3 business. According to Industry Gamers (subscription required), PS3 sales are up 14 percent year-over-year boosted by a strong selection of software titles including first-party inFAMOUS 2. That’s great news because the PS3 is just more or less 4 million units behind the Xbox 360 in global sales to date.
In addition, Sony’s Jack Tretton says that the PSN attack was a wake-up call for the company to be more vigilant in what is actually going on and that 90% (about 70 million) of PSN users have returned to the network after the attacks. What say you? Did you defect to the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live during the PSN outage or did you hang in there, read a book, go play in the park and patiently await PSN’s return?
Either way, it’s good news all around for PlayStation fans and Sony’s head honchos. Sales are up, gamers are still happy; everybody wins.RELATED
- Fallout 4 Website Turns Out To Be Fake
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Super Smash Bros. Adds Zelda: Majora's Mask's Skull Kid As An Assist Trophy
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- Follow: playstation, ps3, Sony, sony playstation 3,
- Seen at: destructoid