Qualcomm has just introduced its first tri-band Wi-Fi chipset, the Atheros AR9004TB. This tri-band Wi-Fi chipset from their stable will integrate multi-gigabit performance of in-room 60GHz band with a seamless handoff to 2.4GHz and 5GHz band Wi-Fi. In addition, the AR9004TB solution will also be the first chipset that is capable of supporting many applications, ranging from I/O to video to networking. To sweeten the deal, it does so at similar speeds to wired connectivity technologies, without sacrificing on whole home coverage and device interoperability.
The AR9004TB solution is touted to be the first chip that will deliver multi-gigabit Wi-Fi as well as wireless bus extension, in addition to dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0. Bluetooth 4.0 is no doubt the latest specification of the protocol, where it comprises of high-speed and low-energy operation in order to extend personal area connectivity to a range of connected devices.
Next Story: Carmageddon sequel now in pre-production
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-04-07: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 And 808 Announced
- 2014-03-24: OnePlus One Will Tout Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Processor
- 2014-03-10: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-02-25: Samsung and Qualcomm Build World’s Fastest Galaxy Note 3