The iPad 2 is still going gangbusters worldwide in terms of sales, having seen daily sold out signs across numerous shops around due to the limited supply and extremely high demand. It will take some time before the successor to the iPad 2 is released, but that does not mean that all is quiet on Apple’s front. Whispers have it that Apple is currently working on certifying components that were designed to see action in the iPad 3, where said device is tipped to arrive early next year. That is not too far away when you think about it, since we are already in June – the halfway mark of every calendar.
The alleged certification of companies including Radiant Opto-Electronics and Taiwan-based Chimei Innolux is nearly complete, and it is also tipped that the display itself will remain at the 9.7″ diagonal size.
Taiwanese companies are touted to deliver backlight modules and light bars, although the actual panels themselves will hail from Chimei Innolux. South Korean names such as Samsung and LG Display have also been cited as panel suppliers for Apple. Do you think when the Apple iPad 3 arrives, the iPad 2 will be the poorer man’s choice, relatively speaking, or will it be phased out completely?
Next Story: Creative Live! Cam inPerson HD webcam
- 2013-04-23: Refurbished iPad 2 And iPad 3 Prices Slashed By Apple
- 2012-11-05: iPad mini, Nexus 7 and iPad 3 face-off in drop test and water dunk video
- 2012-10-30: The New iPad 3 Is Way Faster Than The Old iPad 3
- 2012-10-22: Don't buy an iPad 3 today unless you like the old 30-pin connector
- 2012-03-19: iPad 3 Review
- 2011-11-22: iPad 3 will be thinner, sports Retina Display
- 2011-10-26: iPad 3 display a challenging prospect for manufacturers
- 2011-08-16: Apple iPad 3 supply schedule canceled
- 2011-06-27: iPhone 4S this September?
- 2011-02-09: iPad 3 to arrive in September?