The Samsung Exhibit 4G that was previously leaked in a screenshot of some internal T-Mobile documents has been officially announced by the carrier. The curtains have been drawn open for this new budget 4G Android device from Samsung.
The Samsung Exhibit 4G will be a fully-touchscreen device powered by a 1GHz processor, with Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), and will support T-Mobile’s 4G HSPA+ network (21Mbps download speeds). It will feature a rear 3-megapixel camera as well as a front facing VGA camera for video chatting purposes.
The phone will also come preloaded with T-Mobile TV for users to catch up with their TV habits on the go, Samsung Media Hub for renting or purchasing their favorite movies and TV shows, and some premium apps such as Bejeweled 2, Hasbro SCRABBLE, and Doodle Jump. No specific price was mentioned but it’s said to cost less than $100 after a $50 mail-in rebate and a 2-year contract, but it’s been rumored to carry a $79.99 price tag. Not a bad for choice for people looking to give 4G Android phones a go without breaking the bank. If the previously leaked date is accurate, we should be seeing the phone in stores on June 8. Any takers?
- 2014-04-22: AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2014-04-22: Apple's Latest Ad Is A Not-So-Subtle Jab At Samsung
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit Reportedly Expensive To Repair
- 2014-04-22: PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2011-05-17: Samsung "Hercules" to arrive on T-Mobile
- 2011-05-16: Samsung "Hawk" – Exhibit 4G arriving on T-Mobile
- 2011-04-15: T-Mobile Sidekick 4G will have limited supplies at launch
- 2011-04-13: Sprint Nexus 4G now up for pre-order at Best Buy
- 2011-02-02: T-Mobile officially announces the Samsung Galaxy S 4G