The elusive Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 may finally be getting a release although it looks like our friends in Europe may be getting the device before us in the States. Earlier it was reported that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 were facing some issues due to component shortages, whether that was true or not there has been no word from Samsung with regards to that matter, but if it was true it looks like Samsung might have finally addressed the issue, especially if they are planning to release the Galaxy Tab 8.9 in Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway.
No word on when the device will be released for Denmark and Norway, but for those living in Sweden and Finland you can expect to start seeing the device some time in September. Those living in Sweden can expect to pay 4300 SEK ($664) for the WiFi only version and 5000 SEK ($772) for the 3G version, while those living in Finland can expect to pay 499 Euros ($707) for the WiFi only and 649 Euros ($919) for the 3G version. After converting it to US dollars it looks like those living in Finland end up paying more than $100 than their Swedish friends for the 3G version, ouch.
Norway’s prices are 3800 NOK ($684) for WiFi and 4700 NOK ($846) for 3G. Denmark residents can expect prices of 3500 DKK ($665) for WiFi and 4400 DKK ($836 ) for 3G. It’s not sure whether we will be seeing prices in the $600 range for WiFi versions and $700-$800 for the 3G versions when the device hits the States but we’re guessing it should be cheaper for 3G especially if it comes with a contracted plan.
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2012-02-02: HTC Sensation with Android 4.0 to launch this March
- 2012-01-30: Motorola RAZR Developer Edition will ship with an unlocked bootloader
- 2011-12-09: Panasonic Android smartphone for Europe next year
- 2011-11-21: European Galaxy Nexus facing erratic volume issues
- 2011-09-12: LG Optimus Hub is officially announced