Shazam has just announced a major update to its Shazam app for Android devices. Starting today, (after they’ve updated the app of course), all Shazam users will be able to use Shazam for music previewing as well as tagging purposes. Users who tag a song get to preview a 30 second long clip of the song anytime, which can help them to decide if they want to buy the song in the future.
Other noticeable improvements to the app include larger cover art, a cleaner look, the addition of a location feature (so people know where they were when they tagged a song). The latest version of Shazam for Android is available now and will work on all Android phones. However the music previews will only work in the US, UK, Germany, France, Austria and Switzerland. Shazam is available from the Android Market and Amazon app store as a free app or as a paid version ($4.99) with unlimited tagging.
- Beats Music Can Be Loaded Onto BlackBerry Devices Running 10.2.1
- The Gramohorn II Speakers For The HTC One Will Cost You $1,610
- HTC Sells Remaining 25 Percent Stake In Beats For $265 Million
- Jawbone Debuts JAMBOX Mini With Same Battery Life As Original
- Beats Rumored To Buy Back HTC's Stake In Their Company