Users who like singing along to songs but never know the words or when to come in, or how long to hold a note will be excited to hear about Shazam’s latest update, which brings LyricPlay to the Encore version of the app (Encore is the premium version of Shazam where you have to pay $3.99/year or a one-time fee of $5.99). In case you didn’t know, Shazam is a music discovery app that helps users to identify songs just by listening to a few seconds of the song.
Shazam’s LyricPlay will add a “karaoke” feature to the app: recognized songs will have its lyrics displayed on the users’ phones. Animation will accompany the lyrics that are synced with the songs in real-time, letting users know where they are in the song, so they know where they are if they feel like singing along. Now everybody can break out their phones when they hear a song they like and sing along to it as if they’ve known the song their whole lives.
Shazam Encore LyricPlay is only available on the iOS version of the app at the moment, but you can expect the Android version to come in the near future. Head over to the Apple App Store to check it out.
- 2014-04-16: iOS 8 Could Feature Built-In Song Identification Thanks To Shazam [Rumor]
- 2013-12-19: Shazam For iPhone Updated, Now It Is Always Listening
- 2013-05-30: Shazam Windows Phone 8 App Launched
- 2013-02-25: Shazam Passes 300 Million Worldwide Users Mark
- 2012-09-17: Shazam recognizes any TV program or channel
- 2011-12-02: Tetris for iOS re-released
- 2011-11-17: Navigon 2.0 Lands in the app store
- 2011-11-02: Meet The Tweet lets you follow Twitter feeds without an account
- 2011-11-02: Gmail app for iOS devices now official (updated)
- 2011-11-01: GarageBand now available on iPhone and iPod Touch