If regular looking external hard drives bore you in terms of looks, or if you wanted an external hard drive that would go with your Alienware computer, then perhaps Silicon Power’s S20 offering may be something you might be interested in. The S20 model that is currently being offered by Silicon Power was modelled around a high-performance sports car, with the front side of the S20 supposedly resembling a sport’s car’s low wind shear design.
You’ll be pleased to know that the S20 does not just offer looks but it offers performance as well (much like a sports car we guess), with the latest USB 3.0 interface, the S20 is supposedly able to transfer a 25GB Blu-ray in 70 seconds. Storage capacitywise it comes in four flavors – 500GB/640GB/750GB/1TB. The S20 is also claiming to be “green” through a power saving mode, whereby the device will automatically switch to power saving/hibernation mode when it detects that there has been no activity in the last 10 minutes.
If the somewhat garish purple color and design does not put you off completely, the Silicon Power S20 is looking to be a pretty decent external hard drive.RELATED
- Google Offers High Resolution Map That Depicts Global Deforestation
- Bill Gates Admits Ctrl-Alt-Delete Was A Mistake
- WADI Affordable Water Filtering Technology Powered By Solar Energy
- Gym Converts Workouts Into Watts
- ‘Edible’ electronics from silk lasers could be the future
- Follow: external hard drive, Storage, usb 3.0,
- Seen at: itechnews.net