It looks like Skype is down – yet again. A quick search on Twitter reveals that quite a number of people all over the world are experiencing the same issue. At the moment, we’re uncertain what the problem is, and Skype has yet to issue an update about the reason for the downtime. These outages are getting pretty frequent of late, and it’s definitely not going down to well with fans of the VoIP service, with a lot of folks blaming the Microsoft takeover for the downtime.
Regardless, for those of you who require it to work, it’s best that you get an alternative way to communicate in the future. Stay tuned for more details and we’ll keep you posted.
Update (5.33AM PT): The folks at Skype have just posted on the official blog that they recognize the problem and have begun to address it. The problem is only listed as a “configuration problem” with no other details. Apparently the problem should be rectified in the next hour or so – all you have to do is sign in again. We’ll keep you informed of any new developments.
Update (8.15AM PT): Skype posted another update on its blog – according to them the situation is improving, and since I’ve been able to get back on the service, I guess it is but I can’t speak for everyone. Is Skype up and running for you again?
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-14 Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-10 Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-08 Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-02 Skype For Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Announced
- 2013-01-17 Facebook iPhone Messenger VoIP Feature Not Powered By Skype
- 2013-01-16 Facebook Rolls Out VoIP Calling To U.S. iPhone Messenger Users
- 2011-12-13 Google Extends Free US and Canada Domestic Calling through 2012
- 2011-11-17 Skype 5.7 beta for Windows slightly updated
- 2010-12-22 Skype is Down