It’s official. Sega officially announced Sonic Generations for the Nintendo 3DS this morning. Already teased for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the game will not be released on the Wii due to console’s limited graphic capabilities. Unlike its HD big brothers, Sonic Generations on the 3DS will feature 2D-side-scrolling action whereas the PS3/Xbox 360 versions will be a combination of 2D and 3D. 3D effects that take advantage of the Nintendo 3DS’s added depth will still be included.
Sega says the game will “combine brand new technology and twenty years of Sonic the Hedgehog videogame heritage” and will let gamers play as both classic stubby Sonic and modern long legs Sonic. It already sounds like a winning combo!
Sonic Generations is scheduled for a November release. With Modern Warfare 3, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3DS and more coming out this November, the month’s looking to be a very crowded one for game releases, so what’s another?RELATED
- Namco Bandai Announces Tales Of Zestiria Headed To PS3
- Korean StarCraft 2 Player Receives Pro-Athlete Visa
- Stop-Motion Mario Kart Video Is Extremely Impressive
- Peggle 2 Will Receive Duels Mode As Free DLC
- Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- Follow: 3ds, sega,
- Seen at: businesswire