It’s official. Sega officially announced Sonic Generations for the Nintendo 3DS this morning. Already teased for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, the game will not be released on the Wii due to console’s limited graphic capabilities. Unlike its HD big brothers, Sonic Generations on the 3DS will feature 2D-side-scrolling action whereas the PS3/Xbox 360 versions will be a combination of 2D and 3D. 3D effects that take advantage of the Nintendo 3DS’s added depth will still be included.
Sega says the game will “combine brand new technology and twenty years of Sonic the Hedgehog videogame heritage” and will let gamers play as both classic stubby Sonic and modern long legs Sonic. It already sounds like a winning combo!
Sonic Generations is scheduled for a November release. With Modern Warfare 3, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3DS and more coming out this November, the month’s looking to be a very crowded one for game releases, so what’s another?
- 2014-03-24: Dark And Edgy Sonic The Hedgehog Movie Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-03-23: Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master
- 2014-03-17: Early Sonic Boom Character Designs Were "Traumatic" For The Sonic Team
- 2014-02-13: Monster Hunter 4 Nintendo 3DS XL Announced
- 2014-01-12: Nintendo 3DS Set To Do Well In 2014
- 2014-01-08: Nintendo 3DS Hacked To Be Made Region Free
- 2014-01-06: Percentage Of Nintendo 3DS Sales To Be Paid To Tomita As Royalties
- 2012-03-01: Capcom, Bandai, SEGA collaboration teases us further with possible character reveals
- 2011-03-18: Upcoming Thor and Captain America games to be in 3D