At the CommunicAsia 2011 event in Singapore today, Sony Ericsson unveiled their latest addition to the Xperia phone line up. Called the Xperia ray, it resembles the Xperia arc albeit with a smaller display. The Xperia ray features a 1GHz processor, a scratch-resistant 3.3″ Reality Display (854 x 480) and Mobile BRAVIA Engine for rendering beautiful visuals. It will come preloaded with Android 2.3 that features heavy Facebook integration.
The phone also packs an 8.1-megapixel camera with the Exmore R sensor that their latest phones have been known for to give excellent images in low light conditions. The phone also features a front facing camera for video calling purposes. The Xperia ray comes preloaded with a 4GB microSD card (expandable up to 32GB), and a 1500mAh battery. The phone is only 9.4mm thin, and weighs 100 grams.
It will be available globally in selected markets, Q3 2011. No prices have been mentioned yet.RELATED
- Temple Run 2 Gets Santa Costume
- MIT Researchers Claim To Have Discovered Toughest Tongue Twister Of All Time
- Samsung To Introduce Smartphone With Fingerprint Sensor In 2014 [Rumor]
- OCZ Formalizes Toshiba's $35 Million Buyout Offer
- Journey Through Middle-Earth Is Another Chrome Experiment
- Follow: Android, sony ericsson,