The Sony NEX-C3 was leaked in photographs prematurely over a month ago, along with its user manual as well. Today, the camera has finally been given its official inauguration and according to Sony, the NEX-C3 will be the world’s smallest, lightest, interchangeable lens camera.
The camera weighs in at only 225g, nearly 6% lighter than its predecessor, the NEX-3. It has a new body design that pairs a solid metal top casing with an easy-to-use streamlined grip shape. The rear of the camera packs a 3″ LCD that lets you compose and preview the effect of your settings even in bright sunlight.
Designed to be beginner-friendly, it features a simplified interface that switches terms like “aperture”, “exposure value” and “white balance” with “background defocus”, “brightness” and “color”. But for the more experienced users, expert mode can be enabled, and highly customizable soft-keys let users bind their most frequently accessed functions.
It has a battery life of 400 still shots per charge, and a whole bunch of picture effects for creating fancy photographs. The NEX-C3 will be available this August, in silver, black, and pink with an 18-55mm kit zoom lens (model SEL1855) and will set you back about $650, though you can opt for the black version that comes with a 16mm kit zoom lens (SEL16F28) for about $600.
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-03-24: Sony A3500 Camera Launched
- 2014-01-28: Sony SPA-TA1 Tablet Attachment To Launch In Japan Soon
- 2013-09-04: Sony Cyber-shot DSC QX100 and DSC-QX10 “Lens Style cameras”
- 2013-09-03: Sony QX10 And QX100 Pricing And Details Allegedly Leaked
- 2013-09-02: Sony Lens Cameras Could Be Called “Smart Shot”