The Sony S1 and S2 tablets have already made their way through the FCC, but we have yet to hear anything official from the company about any release dates. Well, it looks like the details have leaked out to the public. The folks at Engadget managed to get their hands on a private note that was sent from Sony’s marketing group, concerning the release dates of the tablets.
According to them, the S1 and S2 will be up for pre-order in August, and will hit the streets in September. With only a couple more months to August, we won’t have to wait too long to pre-order the Android devices. No other details were revealed in the note except that they are promised to go head to head with the iPad and will offer some “unique design features”. Hit the break to watch the S1 and S2 official teaser video if you haven’t seen it yet:
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2011-08-04: Android 3.2 Honeycomb to arrive on Sony S1 and S2
- 2011-07-15: Sony S1 and Sony S2 Preview (Android Tablets)
- 2011-04-25: Sony S1 and S2 tablets announced
- 2011-04-04: Sony Android tablet on sale by the end of summer?
- 2011-03-16: Upcoming HP, Dell, HTC, Acer and Toshiba tablets prices and dates leaked