It’s hard to not notice Vaio Series C computers when you have one next to you – they are the ultra-flashy ones , especially the bright orange and (quasi-fluorescent) lime green from the “signature” collection. The red, orange and green 14″ ones have an additional “light-catching” material that will redirect ambient light to the edges, which makes them a bit glowy, or “Tron-like”. For this update, Sony is adding red and blue versions. On the 15.5″ Vaio C, the (backlit) keyboard of the has a numeric pad on the right side. Unfortunately, the 14″ is just a bit too small to get one.Inside, Sony has added a webcam with the excellent EXMOR sensor which should perform well in low-light and an auto-switchable graphics processor from AMD (it’s good for battery life) with 1GB of video memory. The computer is powered by an Intel Sandy Bridge processor (second generation Core i3 or Core i5). Also, Blu-Ray is a possible option for HD movies enthusiasts, and the laptop can even connect wirelessly to a WiDi (Wireless Display) TV.
The new Vaio C launches with a price of $730+ and can be found at sonystyle, or one of those select retailers: ABT Electronics, B&H Photo, Fry’s Electronics, J&R Electronics, MicroCenter, Nebraska Furniture Mart and Sony Stores.
Next Story: Sony Vaio E: Updated
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2011-06-15 Sony Vaio E: Updated
- 2011-05-25 Sony Vaio F: Summer Refresh
- 2011-05-25 Sony Vaio S Gets Updated
- 2011-03-07 Sony announces VAIO S Series laptop for performance oriented folks
- 2010-11-12 Sony VAIO Holiday Signature Collection Laptops Bring a Touch of Style