The last month and half have been a real test for Sony. First Sony’s PlayStation Network was the victim of an attack that compromised thousands of customer information and now it’s services are getting hacked left and right. Despite nearly one month downtime, Sony made good on its promise of offering a nice Welcome Back package to keep gamers satisfied.
Sony’s Jack Tretton personally took to the stage to address the PSN outage. He thanked publishers, retails and gamers for their continued support. In fact Tretton says sales for the PlayStation brand are actually increasing.
Network levels are currently 90% since before the outage. Tretton says that Sony is making sure that the network stays up.
Instead of downplaying the security, Tretton lauded PSN’s services, including Netflix, Vudu and PS Home. Cinema Now will be added later this year. Sony continues to expand PSN’s experiences – and it’s all free.RELATED
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Super Smash Bros. Adds Zelda: Majora's Mask's Skull Kid As An Assist Trophy
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- Fallout 4 Teaser Website Reveals New Message; Counting Down To Dec. 11
- Follow: E3, E3 2011, playstation network, ps3, psn, psp, Sony, sony playstation,