Fans of Sprint, the nation’s second largest CDMA carrier, will be delighted to learn about what Sprint has in store for them for the third quarter of this year. The folks over at This Is My Next recently learned the product roadmap for Q3 2011 (July-September) from a trusted source who divulged what’s up the carrier’s sleeves. So what can we expect from Sprint later this year?
We all know that the successor to the EVO 4G, the EVO 3D was released today. It seems like the successor to another popular Sprint phone will be released in Q3. Remember the Samsung Galaxy S variant on Sprint, the Epic 4G? Say hello to its upcoming sibling, the Epic 2. Unfortunately unlike the EVO 3D, the Epic 2 isn’t much of a major improvement over the original Epic 4G. It will have a 4″ display, a 1.2GHz single-core Hummingbird processor, and an 8-megapixel camera. It will also pack a slide-out QWERTY keyboard like its predecessor.
Another device coming in Q3 is rumored to be a “full touch 4G” device from Samsung. Other than that, there isn’t much to go with – speculations have put it as the Galaxy S II aka Galaxy Within, which doesn’t seem too far off. If it turns out to be the Galaxy S II for Sprint, that will make it the second Galaxy S phone for the carrier in the same month (in addition to the Epic 2).
In addition to the Samsung Android phones, Sprint will also be releasing the BlackBerry Bold Touch and Monaco (names not final). Both phones will be also be GSM-capable for global roaming purposes. There are also talks about Sprint dropping iDEN for push-to-talk and moving it to CDMA, with a couple of new Kyocera/Sanyo devices under development, as well as a push-to-talk BlackBerry device. Again, since there isn’t any official documentation or confirmation to prove that this is the actual roadmap, take it with a pinch of salt. That being said, are you looking forward to any of the phones?
Next Story: Apple releases WWDC 2011 videos
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-04-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark Gets Wi-Fi Calling
- 2011-12-28: Windows Phone roadmap leaked, updates detailed
- 2011-11-22: Sprint's ZTE V55 tablet gets pictured
- 2011-11-07: Leaked Verizon roadmap shows Galaxy Nexus release date
- 2011-10-04: T-Mobile November devices leaked
- 2011-09-27: Sprint to roll out LTE coverage early 2012?