The team over at Swype has rolled out a bunch of improvements to their keyboard replacement software in the latest update, where users ought to be able to compose those emails and text messages faster than ever before on tablets. Improvements can be expected for the more “traditional” method of typing, since the correction engine that sees action in the Swype method has been applied. We’re talking about Swype 3.0 Beta being compatible with Android 3.0 Honeycomb at least here.
Additional improvements comprise of better support for Android tablets, a simplified registration process, a brand new method of choosing words via a horizontal menu instead of a pop-up (known as Horizontal Word Choice List), and a slew of others.
Swype 3.0 beta is out for devices that sport the following display sizes – HVGA, WVGA, FWVGA, QVGA, WQVGA, WSVGA and qHD, not to mention a special Honeycomb-only WXGA version for Android tablets, bringing features such as a “moveable keyboard” that is completely unique.RELATED
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Samsung Reportedly Working On Flexible Tablet Displays With Stylus Support
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- iPad Air Leads Tablets During Holiday Weekend
- Applebee's Installing Nearly 100,000 Tablets On Its Tables In 2014
- Follow: beta, swype,
- Seen at: androidpolice